To receive your email on your mobile device, you will need to follow a few simple steps. However, it is important to execute these steps correctly, in particular the selection of the right account type, Microsoft Exchange or ActiveSync.
Set up Exchange email on an Android device
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Email (This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android),
- Type your full email address in the Email box (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as your Password.
- Tap Exchange,
- If prompted, accept the defaults on the Exchange Server Settings page and tap Next
- IF YOUR DEVICE CAN'T CONNECT, enter the following account information:
- Domain\Username (1 field): enter your full email address, for example email@example.com
- Domain + Username (2 fields): leave Domain blank and enter your full email address in the UserName field
- Password: enter your password
- Exchange Server: enter outlook.office365.com
- You may receive a message about additional security settings, select OK to continue.
- As soon as the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
- If you see Activate device administrator, select Activate.
- Give the account a name, and then tap Done.
You may have to wait 15 minutes for the device to synchronise. On various phones it may be the case that after the first try the account is not synchronising or fails to set up correctly. The first action should be to delete the account from the phone and set it up again, in many cases this resolves the issue.
If you continue to experience problems setting up your email, please create a new support ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.