To receive your email on your mobile device, you will need to follow a few simple steps. However, it is important to execute these steps correctly, in particular the selection of the right account type, Microsoft Exchange or ActiveSync.
Set up Exchange email on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If this is the first email account on your iPhone, tap >Mail. Otherwise:
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account,
- Tap Microsoft Exchange,
- You don’t need to type anything in the Domain box. You need to type your full email address in the Email and Username boxes (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as your Password.
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 7 if your phone finds your settings successfully. If you are prompted with a “certificate warning”, tap Continue,
- If your iPhone can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually enter your Exchange ActiveSync server name in the Server box, which is outlook.office365.com, then tap Next,
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then tap Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized,
- If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view your email account on your iPhone. You can also set up a passcode later in your iPhone settings.
On various phones it may be the case that after the first try the account is not synchronising or fails to set up correctly. The first action should be to delete the account from the phone and set it up again, in many cases this resolves the issue.
If you continue to experience problems setting up your email, please create a new support ticket or email email@example.com.